View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AirFlo.....School Me

I am using a couple of Airflo lines and I do like them for the rods I have them on. Like Sweetandsalt professes, matching any line up with the right rod is key and of course a personal choice. Understanding the taper and comparing it to another brand/variation is key.

I am using Ridge Supple Tactical WF4 on several medium/medium fast action rods, now in my 2nd season and the line is still in excellent condition. 4wt's are my most fished rods. I find it performs much better when cleaned and lubed, which shouldn't be a shock as any line I've ever fished does. However, I have also found that my Airflo lines needs to be cleaned more frequently. Maybe it's just me?

Airflo lines are Polyurethane and not PVC, so from my research they are unaffected by Deet whereas your PVC lines will be impacted by it. If you fish buggy places and use Deet, this would be an advantage.

I'm not a chemist, but from reading, the PU is also more resistant to cracking and is also UV resistant, whereas PVC lines are more susceptible to both.

FWIW, I fish lines from Rio, SA and Airflo and like certain lines from each brand. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, if you get the right line matched with the right rod I think you'd be happy with it.

Last edited by jaybo41; 06-12-2013 at 08:58 AM.