View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 07:00 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Book And Its Cover... Reconsidered...

Come the hours after that special time known as "twilight" later tonight, another chapter will be penned in the life and times of a man and his two sons. On this occasion, however, the author will differ somewhat, as it will be our daughter, Jesse, who will guide the pen after orchestrating the next few steps taken by a trio for whom I once feared the worst.

In my humble opinion, tonight's outing marks another move in the right direction for a man whose personal compass had come dangerously close to being permanently compromised. You see, he's "hired" Jesse to guide his sons and him for a few hours on the river, a complete surprise in that he's willing to take instruction from someone who's clearly his junior in age. Astream, she doesn't take a "back seat" to most anglers, as she wields a deft hand with a 4 or 5-wt. fly rod.

The man also is finally "getting it," in that he's now more open to the acceptance of an assist from his "fellow" anglers, no matter their age, gender or their skill level. And, to me, that's a great lesson for his young sons to learn.

I have high hopes for this evening's trip astream, especially given our daughter's patient ways. And later, when she makes her own "river notes" in her journal, I pray that the fates are kind and that her entry mention something about "redemption" within its text.

I'll let you know...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 06-08-2013 at 05:46 AM.