View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Buyer beware / read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
What, if anything, should we do if we see a deal that looks 'funny'?

Should we post a warning - "I'd be careful here if I were you."

Should we PM the moderators?

Keep quiet?
I'll defer to the mods for the official response but when I see something that is suspect, I report the post, that way the Moderators will get a notification and can intervene as needed. Let them handle it. You can report any post by clicking on the triangle icon with the exclamation point in it.

Post count can be deceiving so what has helped me is to have a conversation with the buyer or seller on the phone if you are unsure. In most cases when I have spoken to buyers or as a seller, the conversation has been for 30 minutes or so about various fly fishing related topics. This helps me get better feel for whom I'm dealing with and I'd like to believe it was mutually beneficial. The discussion also lets me get a feel for whether or not I'd use another payment method other than PayPal. If you have reservations, walk away from the deal. There are other places that provide you with greater security to make purchases or sell your gear. This is not to diminish the excellent experiences I've had here as a seller or buyer. I do appreciate the FREE service offered by the forum, it's just unfortunate anytime something like this happens in the fly fishing community.

Thanks Ard and Larry for staying on top of things.