View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fishing Clearwater area in late August

Marcel,

Thanks for the advice on the weather and conditions, as well as the photos. That's a huge help. I understand August might be a bit rough in terms of weather during hurricane season. I'll certainly take that into consideration. I figure early morning will be my primary window to surf fish to avoid the afternoon T-storms and the wind.

Most images I've seen of the Gulf Coast surf, it seems fairly tame compared to the wave action out here on the Pacific Coast. Out here, I use a 300-grain sinking line to get it down quickly in the surf so I can stay in touch with my line despite the wave action.

I noticed you recommend an intermediate line. That and the images I've seen suggest less extreme conditions in the surf on most days. Is that a fairly accurate assessment?

-VB