View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And I 'bit ch' about our Petrol price at $3.90/gallon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
I know a little about high gas prices; I think the highest here was $1.40/Litre which translates to about $5.37/gallon. Luckily I live within 12 miles of another great nation where I can get gas for the low price of about $3.80/gallon!
So hear you ... which is why crossing the Boarder in Blaine, Washington is such a .... well, the word is not allowed. Do your shopping, pay less, load up on Petrol and back you go.

Actually not all that unusual given the length of the US/Canadian boarder. One community I used to visit was a bit of a head scratcher. (Eastern Washington) The yellow line down the middle of the street WAS the boarder and no one gave a shxt. If you were a bird hunter (I wasn't) a Farmer's fence was "The line."

Until 9/11, no one on either side of the street could have cared less even after ... save (don't know if this is still the case) you had to walk down to the end of town and check in/out of Customs. Yes, you needed photo ID and/or a Pass Port to 'legally' walk 30 some feet north or south.

I'll leave it at that.

fae