Thread: Purple Haze
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Purple Haze

Homer, the Purple Haze is a parachute pattern. I've never heard of or seen a traditionally hackled Purple Haze. Follow your friend's advice. I don't think it's a magic fly, but it sure has gained popularity out here over the past few years. I still use plain old grey parachute Adams. Sometimes hare's ear bodies.

There is a guide down the 'Root that made up a pattern he calls the Brindle Chute...just another parachute fly but with a unique body color. His is a secret blend of olive, rusty orange, gold I think. He swears by it, of course.

Good luck when you get out here! Enjoy the country down there, the forks are really nice streams with great cutthroats. Don't pass up the fishing the middle river on your way to the Lochsa.