View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Buyer beware / read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
As a general rule, if I don't recognize the screen name at first glance I pass on the deal.
Marco has a very good filter with his method of recognition. In the past I remember only one member contacting me about a classified purchase. The buyer felt that a reel purchased as 'Mint' was a bit banged up and was dissatisfied with the reel. Although that was an unfortunate situation it boiled down to 2 people having a different view of what was acceptable condition at a given price. There was no deliberate attempt to defraud anyone and not ship the goods. The case that prompted this thread is quite different. Unless there comes some sort of resolution, what we have had is a case of a sale which was followed by the seller dropping out of sight and no rod & reel being proffered.

For the time being we will go with the 100 post rule and I suspect that it will do it's job. I've read all the comments to this thread and everyone seems to be on the same page which is a good thing. If or when I learn of the matter being settled I'll come back to this sticky and post to that effect.

One last note; I know we have a lot of members who post links. These links lead to videos, web pages, and etc. When you see a new member make a first post which contains a link, be very careful. I clicked on a link that was supposed to direct me to a photo bucket account to view salmon flies that the poster wanted a "value" for on another forum several years ago. That link had flies but they were worth only as much as the hooks they were tied on. The fake Photo Bucket site Hijacked my computer and I ended up having to order and install a new hard drive in order to eradicate the virus!

Use prudence before you click links submitted by a first post member. If you ever take a re-direct that seems hinky, report the thread or post right away.

Thanks to all who help make this a great place to spend spring runoff time

Ard