View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in West Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heronwheels View Post
mcnerny, thanks so much for the generous offer, I will likely be heading home through Wyoming. I haven't done much planning because I've been fishing about 4hrs/day so not sure which route I'm going to take but I always enjoy meeting new people of similar interests! Thanks also for the links, I remember seeing a post that Ard discussed fishing from his bike. I've gone a couple times wet wading but have yet to go with all my wading gear. My 3wt rod/reel is a 4pc. that was given to me by a friend but I picked up an inexpensive Cabelas 6pc travel 5wt. the other day that will fit in my topcase or side case so I can lock it up...I just have to get bag mounts for my new-to-me VStrom and I should be set. My wading gear should fit in the dry bag I strap to my passenger seat with my tent, sleeping bag and ENO hammock.
Stacey: Sweet looking bike! A few years back my wife and I did a road trip with the fishing gear, here is a photos as we going over South Pass (south of Lander, WY) heading over to the South Fork of the Snake to go fishing.
Click the image to open in full size.