View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Rio Fly Line: Perception

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I too have read about it. What differentiates it from their other lines is that, like Airflo, it is built on a very low stretch core material. Its taper diagram appears to be more or less conventional weight forward with a short rear taper.
I was waiting for your thoughts and opinion on it. Those are the items I picked up on as well. The low stretch core material sounded similar to Airflo to me as well. I wonder if it's the conventional PVC their other lines seem to use or if they've gone to Polyurethane? The taper of the line seemed rather unimpressive and fairly standard to me. The price seems a bit on the high side, though I suspect they would need to offset the R&D one way or another.