View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to Brookie fish in Maine?

Quote:
To you Maine residents: We're considering moving there, but looking at the fishing regs it appears that it's only 6 months a year, no Gold Medal streams, and no c&r water. Is that accurate or am I missing something?
The season is from May first to the first of October, there are a few exceptions on some of the southern waters I think it goes into November. Every body of water in the state usually has its own special regulation, if your interested here is a link. You have to go into special regs. look up the body of water then look up the s code. If you practice catch and release and fly fish you pretty much have it made.

Maine is a big State, there are big differences in climate and fish species from Northern Maine to Southern Maine and Western Maine for that matter.

I grew up fishing a small brook on my Grandfathers farm in New Brunswick Canada, I guess I'm kind of partial to fishing for small wild brookies in Northern Maine.