View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 12:10 AM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Newbie in West Michigan

Stacy
I have never fished the Rogue but hear good things.
My buddy and I fish up north. We stay at another friends place in welston and fish from there.
The PM, Baldwin, Big Manistee, Little Manistee, Boardman-before the dam blowout, Also the Betsie. There are some great seasonal runs up there. I have not had any success with steelhead as we seem to miss the run. We do not have the luxury of deciding the night before and going we have to plan out a ways and sometimes when the water is up and temp is right the fish run to spawn-my work doesn't care.
PM holds some nice fish. Last time out we got some nice browns even though they were sitting deep in the holes dues to freezing temps but they liked what we had.
Picked up a few pike on the Big Man that was fun.
Locally we hit a small lake that is crammed with large mouth bass and blue gill-we do that in float tubes.
Other than that we fish the huron river which is great for small mouth and pike but also carp-have not had luck there either but they are there.

the au sable s on the list but also the tribs to the ausable. So we'll see in the next year. I am looking forwad to the trip out west