View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:56 AM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: My search is over- Mint Sage 505L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You know Russel, I've been missing you here and was soon to send a 'Proof of Life' PM to you my friend. I know a good many here know what the messages are because they get them when they disappear.

What a terrific pair and a nice big reel (I love big reels) I know how stoked you are with that set because of your Sage love posts of the past. Congratulations on building a superb and vintage outfit,

Ard
Thanks Ard! The past 18 months have been very busy with work related travel plus last summer was one of our hottest and driest on record. It seemed that any free time I had I was engaged in my other passion- distance running.

This year is shaping to be cooler, and wetter and with little to no work related travel I am running and fishing! This coming week I will be kayaking on the North Fork of the White, a fast western style river chasing rainbows and browns.

As far as the reel size, I was surprised by the diameter, it is a pretty big reel. The great designers at Hardy hit a home run as the reel is both very narrow and very light.