View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:22 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: So I sold a 9' 4wt Scott and I bought a 9' 4wt Scott...

It is good to have a thread rich with Scott love. I often feel Scott gets the back seat to other high end rod companies. Scott is one of the original graphite rod companies, has never supplemented its offerings with off-shore price-point product, never offered someone elses reels or other wide ranging product with their name on them and has always forged a path toward the best quality, design and craftsmanship possible. Different Scott rod series offer varied but identifiable personalities to afford different actions for different environments.

There is a purity about Scott shared by only and in a less pure way; G.Loomis, Sage and T&T (under new ownership yet again) where we fish them because we critically love the way they cast/fish rather than prejudicialy biased loyalty to their customer service, warranty, superficial aesthetics or affordability. Not that some rods from these other companies don't fish well too, there are some that do but not with Scott's integrity.