View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 AM

1fish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Southeastern Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Get yourself a copy of the Medicine Bow National Forest Map and explore French Creek and Douglas Creeks along with your current plans. You won't be disappointed. You will be in bear country, get yourself a can of bear spray and you will most likely never see a bear, but at least you will be prepared in case it happens.
Thanks Larry, I already have a map of the Medicine Bow NF, but here's a online version of the same map, that maybe of interest to someone. You can click on the map a few times to enlarge it and get a much better detailed view of the map. Larger and easier to see than the paper version.

As far as bears go, I'm not real concerned with running into one while on the trail or fishing. I'm more concerned with one visiting camp at night or when no ones in camp.

Here's a link to the Medicine Bow NF east map there's also a west map.

Medicine Bow NF Visitor Map 1998 - Central & Eastern Portions

Here's a link to the link of where this map came from. There are other maps here for the Shoshone, Bighorn, and Back Hills National Forest. Just scroll over the area of interest, and a menu will pop up.

US Forest Service, R2 Rocky Mountain Region - Wyoming Recreation Map

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by revor View Post
PM Me and I'll tell you of a very nice place to fish and camp.
PM sent revor, thanks