View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2013 5-Weight Shootout

[QUOTE=utah daveii;563122] Since I have moved to Idaho, I have been using the one a lot and I am amazed at how awesome this rod it is to fish. It exectutes close casts and long casts with ease and, of course, nothing throws curve casts and curve mends like a Sage. More than anything it bends deep and fully when fighting a fish. QUOTE]

What you have done is gotten to know your ONE. I too loved my Z-Axis predecessor to ONE and when I got the ONE I was uncertain it was a correct step in the ever evolutionary direction. I compared on the lawn, tested different lines (see my recent thread on ONE/line match-ups) and then began to fish it. It was not overnight but ONE won me over and the more I fish it (3 years now) the more I realize its brilliance. You are correct, it is not a stiff rod, it is a fast recovering rod with incomparable sensitivity in the same sense as a great sports car's taughtly tuned suspension yields remarkable and precise "road feel" this rod communicates your every input to what you intend the line to to. Not every angler needs this nor puts the time into developing the techniques this rod reveals its exacting capabilities in executing. This is very much a focused, thinking anglers' technical presentation rod and less a feeling anglers' joy to cast all day rod. And shortly Sage will introduce yet another technical marvel...