View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 AM

runningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nice
Default Re: redington predator?

I just received my predator 6wt 7'10" just 2 weeks ago and had the change to try it the first time yesterday (saturday). Redington's staff recommended me the Rio Power Fly 6wt and a member here also recommended me the same line.

I tried that line yesterday and although it casted the frog pattern and poppers size 4 and 6 with precision (I wow myself that I could cast into a dark spot under a branch sandwiched between 2 logs from 40ft away on a boat), I still think the 6wt Power Fly couldn't give what the 6wt Predator needed.

I am using 8wt Rio OBS (320 grain) for my Zenith, and I think the 6wt OBS 30FT head with 230 grain head will be the best match up with the 6wt Predator. The Power Fly line will give you more delicate presentation and will do the job for the Predator. I just think that Predator will love the 6WT Rio OBS.
I am exchanging my Power fly line with the Rio OBS.

Congrats with the new Predator, it has a lot to offer and come with a great price. You WILL be happy with it.

Last edited by runningfish; 06-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.