View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maine and VT rivers?

You might not want to wade the Andro anytime soon.
I drove by there yesterday and you could have surfed the Thirteen Miles Woods/Molidgewock CG section south of Errol NH. The Andro in Maine is an outstanding smallmouth fishery however if you have a boat
.....The Alderfly hatch is coming soon on that NH section. Brings the big fish up.

Vermont rivers got blown-out bigtime in Aug 2011 by tropical storm Irene. I'm sure that many rivers have not yet recovered in terms of bug and trout populations. I'd be sure of where I was going if I were you.
I used to regularly fish the White River system. It's a long un-damned river with at least 4 major tributaries.
The east branch of the Deerfield is a tailwater and so is decent in warm weather, plus you could fish down into Mass.
In the north I like the Lamoile .
There's a couple of others, but those are my secret

That said, Vermont doesn't take care of their trout rivers like Maine does.
You want some nice trout fishing, go to Maine.
West to east and pretty much anywhere above I-95... all good.

Last edited by Rip Tide; 06-09-2013 at 03:56 PM.