View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:08 PM

king joe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em??

Hey Dean
In my time...we (my crews) have had to dispatch only 1 grizz...and 2 blacks though we have fired bangers (bear bangers)...and 'warning' rounds many times. Never at a cat....but bull moose....lots of blacks...and grizz...have been "warned". In some cases, we have been very close to pulling the lethal trigger as our warnings are unheeded.

At a favourite float tube lake I walk into (the one I mentioned where the bears jump on our back packs)....when we came off the water once...a grizz was basically waiting. I fired warnings in the air...then at its feet...and only then, did it reluctantly turn. BUT, it followed us...dogged us 'just' in the trees as we walked the 5 km's out to the trucks. Literally the day later, my buddy had to drop a grizz walking INto the lake (he had his kids with him and the bear WASN"T backing down).

As has been said in this post often. Being smart is part of it... but being protected and aware things may not be like fishing at a stocked trout farm at the back of somebody's resort...probably is the best advise.

King Joe Outa Here!