View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Book And Its Cover... Reconsidered...

I think that the "judgment of a book" philosophy is a direct spin-off of the old adage about "first impressions." It's only natural to harbor a poor opinion of a man whose "introduction" included the tirade we all witnessed on the river.

And, while a very small part of me still reserves "final judgment" for later on, I'll go with our daughter Jesse's opinion and my own observations. For someone so young, she's a great judge of character, as she's been around the sport of fly-fishing all of her life. So, I'm hopeful that the "father" will leave his worries and troubles at the landing, and truly enjoy his "river hours" with his sons in the months/years ahead.

After all, a good trout river is akin to life itself, in that the currents are a constant, and that the waters are ever-changing. The reality of it all is that a river angler-- any river fisherman --never does fish the same water twice...