Thread: Sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 03:24 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sunglasses

I've been using Maui Jim's for easily 15 years. The first pair I bought because they simply made the world look better through them. In digging further I discovered they seemed to be made for playing on the water. They have anti-glare treatment front and back, more tint at the top and bottom of the lens where direct and reflective light are more prevalent and they have a hydrophobic finish that repels water on the inside and outer side of the lens.
Anyhow, after looking for another pair of shades it'll be Maui Jim's again... especially now that they make readers with magnifiers built into them.
No more Hat-Eyes for this dude!
The glasses described at the start of this had all of these features 15 years ago. While doing homework on my present choices I ran across this rather old video of the Maui Jim plant which really helps me understand why I find them so exceptional...
(I'm not sure about the guy doing the tour!)
That was then... I wonder what else they've done to improve them even more.

These aren't cheap sunglasses but eyeballs aren't cheap either from my understanding.

Last edited by Jackster; 06-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.