View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM

vanish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Interesting Alpine Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
They resemble Dolly varden (white spot char) in a post juvenile stage of growth. I don't think there are bull trout in CO. and I wouldn't know why even a state department of F&G would introduce Lake Trout into streams like you have pictured.

Likewise, I am not sure of the existence of Dolly varden in your area but I've caught quite a bunch of them and your fish look similar to young char. Most especially the first 2 pictures of them. I believe the way to solve the issue would be to e-mail attached pictures to your regional biologist there. I have developed good rapport with my state biologists from Skwentna to Kodiak, it's a big help in many ways.

Ard
I have done so, and this is not the first time he has seen similar fish. The problem is ... he does not definitively know the answer either. There is no stocking of any sort in the particular drainage we were fishing. It has been forwarded to the state biologist.

If we don't get anywhere, I might have to go clip a fin Oh woe is me, more fishing!