Thread: Wipers? Anyone
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 AM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Wipers? Anyone

Sorry, don't know anything about the ft. Collins area. However, I've fished for wipers in three states (OK, MO, AZ), in lakes or streams and one pattern I know works anywhere is a red and white minnow-shaped offering.

Right now my favorite is a #6 red and white clouser (white on the shank side, red on the hook side). The last three years I've been tying my own, as here in AZ they tend towards the depths, so I tie them with oversize dumbbell eyes.

But I've tied/fished deceivers and found them to be effective as well, if the fish are up that day.

If there is one constant for myself when fishing for wipers, it is that the water has always been stained to cloudy, never clear. This might be why the red and white thing has been so effective for me.

If the water clarity is similar for you in Ft. Collins, this might be of some help too you.

Peace.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark