View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:25 PM

countr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car camping and fishing lakes in the Flat Tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Looks like an great trip despite the slow fishing! Remote lakes can be like that, but getting into three different species sure must have been exciting. I've hunted up there but never fished. That river looked like it was a little off color, were you there during spring runoff?

Johnny: Welcome to the forum and congrats on the fishing trip!
Larry,

Yes the moving water was very roiled and was bringing in the red stained water from fresh snowmelt that is typical in the Spring. We did catch some fish out in the main body of the lakes, but we concentrated our time at some of the larger inlets. Big lakes usually have multiple inlets, and we had many inlets to explore.

spiderninja: Hell yeah.....I'm a huge Rams fan, CSU is my alma mater (Class of 2000 - the seven year plan, baby!!!). The football team has fallen on hard times since Sonny Lubick departed, but they still play the CU Buffaloes hard each year and that's all that really matters to many Ram fans