View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to get my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I'd recommend going into a local fly shop and casting a few different rods to find one that feels right in your hands.
I'm with Larry on this. Just be upfront with the salesguy on what you want and what your budget is. If he is doing his job, he will limit you to just a few rods to try.

When it comes to budget, invest most of your money in the rod, a quality line second, then reel third. Rod casts line. The line with your input, loads the rod. In most cases, the reel holds the line.

Dennis

PS: I'm not saying that you should get a cheap reel. Get something with the quality that you want.