View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AirFlo.....School Me

I've used Airflo Ridgeline Tactical Trout for a couple of years now in a WF4 configuration. I like the line because it's low stretch and deet resistant. The deet piece key for when I'm fishing in the summer and loaded with it to keep away the swarm and the ticks. It's also darn durable and has not experienced the cracks and such that I find with my Rio lines.

I don't think the line shoots as well for me as Rio and SA lines, and when cleaned it doesn't stay clean as long and begins to feel "sticky" quicker than Rio and SA lines. That's a big problem for me and has me putting the Airflo to the back of the rotation, even though I like the taper.

I've been cleaning the line with Zipcast on occasion or mostly a wet towel when I'm done with every outing. It's been dressed with Agent X from Rio. It's possible I need to examine a new line dressing for this line and plan on doing just that on my next trip in a couple weeks.

Cheers,
Mike.