View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Orvis Hydros reel

I have a 9'/#6 ECHO3 mounted with Hydros IV. It is well balanced and the reel's capacity permits use of #30 dacron backing which I find friendlier to my hands than thinner backing. The drag is actually stronger than I require for this outfits drift boat use and the main critique I have is that the drag knob yields less subtle, fine-tunable increments of adjustment per rotational change than is desirable for trout fishing applications. The tolerances are not particularly tight but there is very little flex which I like. A very serviceable but inelegant piece of work it is well suited to its bang about the drift boat assignment. Going into its 2nd year of use, I think I'll put a drop of oil on its spindle.