View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: For Bonefish, Bass and surf 8wt rod

My wife's mother lives in south Florida too and we visit once or twice a year. Though it is a family not fishing trip, my deal is I get to book a guide for a full days fishing mid trip on a week day. Not being a pedal-to-the-metal fishing trip, we don't bring an arsenal - just one rod and reel each along with a box of flies and a spool of tippet. We have targeted Biscayne Bay which is less than an hour's drive for us and this is one grand graduate school fishery. I am considering a day in Everglades National Park next time for snook, redfish and resident tarpon. One thing we have tried once to do on our own is fish for exotic peacock bass in the canal system with the same #8 or 9-weight we have brought down for bonefishing but I have to do more research on this. We fished in a Cuban neighborhood and had a great roadside lunch with ice cold coconut water drunk through a straw stuck into a machete-cut whole in a coconut fished out of a tub of ice. Only thing successfully fished for that day.