Thread: Hexes are here!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 12:51 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hexes are here!

Thanks for the kudos guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I figured messing around with the new camera is a good practice and when a subject like this offers itself, even better!

Interesting pattern you shared Sliver, thanks for that. That's a beauty of a fish by the way! The stream I fish that gets them turns into a smallie stream once the warmer months hit so I am primarily targeting smallmouth when I am casting them. Like you silver, I'm doing so in the dark and often intermixed with white flies (Ephoron Leukon). I have my share of misses with both, it's a real challenge at night but let the fish do the work and hook themselves.

What hook were you using with your EB Hexes silver? I switched to a #8 2499BL from a standard hook. I can't say for certain if it's made a significant difference but the fly seems to ride better anyway.