Thread: Folstaf repair
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:45 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Folstaf repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I don't know why anyone would willfully give up the convenience of being able to fold up their staff and carry it on their hip.
Where I fished last week there were no trails and bushwacking was next to impossible due to the thick forest. It was hard enough to get your rod through with out getting the line snagged on a branch every few steps.
Having to carry "more stuff'"... especially a lead weighted staff..... would have made this more difficult than it already was.
I'm sure that your lead weighted staff works for you Fred and you can beat your drum all you want, but where I fish it just doesn't make any sense
Although I don't have a folding staff I agree with you completely Rip! Luckily the piece of water I Shad fish on the Delaware I don't need a staff . 3 weeks ago I could stroll 300 ft to my spot rods strung standing tall and relaxed . Last week the same spot was rods broken down bare essentials and practically crawl thru on hands and knees ! The trail becomes so tiny I'm waiting for Yogi to walk up to meet me! And because it's in the Park System no machetes and and absolutely no cutting of any kind! Tried to get through one time with rids strung what a disaster! Wouldnt want to add a staff to that!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser