Thread: Hexes are here!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hexes are here!

That pretty much describes how it is for me here as well fishing the hexes and white flies. It's dark and there are animals crashing through the woods. Then there's the bats. You can see them as the sun starts to set dive bomb the stream and pick up the hexes, slate drakes or white flies. All of this can certainly be unnerving. I, like you, fish areas that I know well and am always certain to take not only my head lamp but a flashlight or two with me.

Up your way silver, that hatch is so prolific it shows up on radar. We get a good hatch of them, but not nearly as dense as what you get in your neck of the woods. I have also heard rumor of wolves in some of the counties were you could fish, it could always be those as well. One thing's for sure, be careful.

Last edited by jaybo41; 06-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.