View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road Trip to Montana in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by pevelg View Post
I am definitely interested in fishing as we drive to Yellowstone. I'm working out details for having a one or two day guide while in YNP, so I plan to have my home base be Gardiner while visiting YNP. I can go south from Lolo towards Widsom to fish Big Hole one day and then head to Dillon to fish Beaverhead. I'd arrive in Gardiner Thursday evening then and would spend Friday thru early Monday in YNP. Total driving would be about 400 miles split between three evenings, so very manageable.
This is a spectacular tour. I've done it!

Whether you should stick to one place for a couple days or hop rivers everyday is up to you. They are completely different trips. I'd say, try to play it by ear. That time of the year the fishing will be spotty so if you find a river/spot that is fishing great, I'd stay put. The next stop may not be so hot. But who knows!?! It's fishing!