View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting a face to the name

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip8k View Post
better late the never...you seem to have all the required items for your pic...good smile...and nice fish...
I'll be straight up here: I find the thought of your post to be most "offensive." (The 'rolleyes') I liken this Fora as a British Pub, save for no bar fights. You talk, you share information, some times you have to 'vent' as something personal has hit the fan.

No booze is served here, but what you have is, over many years, deep friendships with people you're never likely to meet. A photo, a deeper connection. A face with the name.

At 71 I have many life stories, this one from 45-50 years ago. At the local tackle Emporium to buy this or that (none fly fishing) and older Gentleman was at the counter with a young lady (later find out his Daughter). Legally blind. Fellow behind the counter was not having a good time suggesting gear. I had no issue with that and asked if I could "make some suggestions."

He and I fished together two/three times per month from 1982 to 1984, until I moved to California for an employment opportunity. Would pick him up and off to the river (usually the Skykomish). Rig him out, get him squared away and let his mind/memory do the rest.

Total mind-meld, couldn't see diddly, but could feel the lightest touch.

Me? His hands on my face/head and body. And no, he wasn't 'Gay.' Other Fellows on the beach gave him all the room in the world. "There but the Grace of God go I."

Winter fishing and someone would crank off a beach fire (you could do that then, no idea about now) and grilled Hamburgers/trimmings. On occasion 'Stake' and foil wrapped spuds, eat ,,,, drink and into tents/sleeping bags. (Read 'drunk')

Greatest memory was the 'Guys' kicking our tent and "Get the hell out of you two, its almost day light and time for breakfast."

End game was (I'll leave the name of the fishing club out of this) 'You have no imperatives, you just need a bit of help.'

Joined the 'Club' when I was 16 or 17 and still a paid up dues member.

Frederick A. Evans