View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Last Hurrah for Shad

Normally this late in the season I would head up to the headwaters in NY for one last shot at the Shad run. But on a hunch with water temps well above 65 degrees took a shot that the late runs would stop and start to spawn before they reached the headwaters. Boy I am glad I took the shot great ending to the season with a bunch of nice hens mostly spawned out but ready to do battle! They were so healthy looking when released I am pretty sure will be seeing them again in the coming season! Its crazy fishing for them this late a month ago I could take a nice leisurely walk to the river now its a jungle and you practically have to crawl to the same spot! But well worth it!

Click the image to open in full size.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser