View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 05:40 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: G.Loomis 6wt vs Hardy Zenith 6wt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_ View Post
I'm looking at purchasing a new 6wt rod and have been looking at the G.Loomis and Hardy Zenith 6wt rods. I've lawn cast both and it's a tough choice. The Hardy is definitely a faster rod and the build quality is really great. The G.Loomis has more feel to me though and seems to have better control, especially in close. I appreciate all comments, especially if you have extensive experience with either of the rods.

Thanks,
Sam
I love both Loomis and Hardy but have not cast the #6 in either model. When you are up in this level of quality, how the particular rod feels in your own hand should be the decisive factor. You could ask yourself how you are most likely to be using it, given the places you fish and the other rods already in your quiver. Based on what you say here, if you are going to use it as more of an all-rounder, that might steer you toward the Loomis; but if you are looking for a more specialized tool for distance and big wind and weighted or air-resistant rigs, you might prefer the faster Hardy.