Thread: Hexes are here!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hexes are here!

That's just unbelievable. I have seen images such as these before but each time I see radar images and the photos like these I am amazed by the significance of this hatch. I'd imagine we might have fished some similar waters, though in general you are NNE of where I am typically fishing when I'm in your state. The other thing that is interesting to me about this hatch is that while there are some great hatches and quite a variety of them for that matter, most are much more sporadic than this one. Or at least the ones I've come across so far anyway. By no means am I an expert on your region, I'm quite the newbie in fact.

When I fish the white fly hatch here on one of my streams for smallmouth, I often find myself in a similar situation. There are so many bugs it presents a problem to land fish. I keep a small (but larger than the natural) white popper with me for that reason and sometimes that gets the job done.

Really cool stuff Silver!