View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rebuild old Hardy or buy new

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis7490 View Post
Thanks. I emailed Hardy RE the line guard on the Featherweight and they just said they didn't have it, and ciao bello. Their customer service IMO is a vacuum.
I would rather buy a new Orvis. Their customer service is exemplary.
Before you go this route, I have a couple of suggestions.

Parts & Warranty at Hardy was most excellent to me and I think more recently another poster was looking for something similar. I will send you a PM with Ken Hodgen's contact info. He got me the springs and pawls I needed for a 70's LRH Lightweight.

The other option you might consider is to contact Bill Archuleta. He does work on reels and may have the parts you're looking for if Hardy does not. I have heard nothing but glowing reviews in dealing with him. Good call Fred for mentioning him.

You can read more about him here:

http://www.archuletasreelworks.com

I do have a question though, when you say these reels need rebuilt, there shouldn't be much to them like Fred mentioned. What exactly needs to be rebuilt?

Another option is that Orvis might be able to get you springs & pawls for your reels. They're identical to the ones used in CFO 3's. At least the pawls are, the springs could be slightly different.

Here is what you'll need to do in order to post photos of your reels.

A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;

By the way, your friend must have thought an awful lot of you. Those reels alone that he passed along to you are wonderful examples of highly functional, yet simple reel designs. Add to that the rods he passed along and I'd say he felt you were a great friend.

Last edited by jaybo41; 06-15-2013 at 06:59 PM.