View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:57 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Baitcaster-to-Fly Rod conversion (antique)

If I'm not flyfishing, I use spinning gear and never got the knack of bait caster equipment. I've haad this particular rod for ages now that was handed to me by my pap who has long passed... Its a, Horrocks-Ibbotson Co. Rod and I don't know the date.

I have been wanting to do something with it (unless if it'll be worth THAT much to let it sit as-is)

For the rod builders here. Can I turn this into a flyrod? Give me suggestions please. The front handle is a good fit to my hand + I can probably make a modification there. I figured the back handle can be trimmed down but where the issue lyes is extending it. I would need to adapt a compatable bamboo tip of sorts.

I never built a rod before but wondering if this can be a do-able project to get my feet wet.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Here's some photos.

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Here's the guide and tip.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...