View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:15 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nymph Rod Action

Thanks for the answers! I was initially leaning towards the fast action but was wondering about protecting tippets so you both gave substance to my concern. I'll go the medium - fast action route.

Larry, I end up needing to both strip strike and raise the tip on the 12'er and that works. My hope is that I can set the hook with a bit more subtlety so if there's no fish I can continue the drift. With the 12'er if I miss the strike or if the fly was just ticking bottom the set is so dramatic that it usually ends the drift and I have to recast.

Planettrout, I'll check out those shock tippets, they look helpful especially with 7x! Thanks