View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default An Afternoon on the Green River

I got a chance to get out and do some fishing this afternoon and made a bee line to the Green below Fontenelle Reservoir seeing how the rivers here in town are high and muddy. Right off the bat I started hooking into fish, but the strange thing was that they were mostly in the 12-14" range which is really strange for down there. I had read an article in the Wyoming Game and Fish magazine a number of years ago and it said the reason that there were on small fish is that the Burbot were eating all the young fish. Now I'm wondering if Game and Fish has got a handle on the burbot. Here are a few of the fish I landed this afternoon:
Click the image to open in full size.

I had this guy land on my sleeve, that was a first, I have never seen Cicada's below Fontenelle Reservoir before. They are pretty common below Flaming Gorge.