View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default ATTN All tyers: I "Challenge" you to a duel!!

**glove slap!!**

OK so not really a challenge or a duel. Hear me out. The other day I read a blog entry about being creative as a tyer and adapting patterns to suit our needs. It also was about embrassing creativity and knowing that if it doesn't work you can always cut it off and try again. So the other night an idea popped into my head as I was sitting down to clean my desk. ( Hopefully ) Like other tyers, my desk in mid season is a whirl of scraps, loose feathers and strands and just general chaos. I sort whats good and still usable, the rest is dumped. That's when the idea hit. I saw a bare hook laying down, there was a spool of thread in the bobbin and a single loose pair of lead eyes. So...using only materials that were laying freely on my desk, I tied a fly. Had no idea of what I was going after, but I tied one and honestly Im happy enough with the end result I plan to go back and make a different colored version. So that's my "challenge" to you all. tie a fly using only whats loose on your desk. You can cut things down to size, but no opening bins or baggies or boxes to get a material out ( if you need a hook or thread that's fine but pick at random ). Just your "scraps". Take a picture and post it up. I want to see some creativity and maybe spark some genious!!!

here it is, in version 1...The Bench Clearer

Click the image to open in full size.

Storm Drain Bonefisher