View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 8.5 or 9 ft for a 4wt?

I know, I know but...I too had an IMX 9'/#4. I really liked a lot about it; the grey wraps, the dura-wood seat spacer but the tip was too soft and, under load, it could collapse during casting, as many of Gary Loomis's early designs did, yielding a mushy tip feeling and impacting accuracy. When I tried a friends GLX, the lights went on, I immediately got one and gave my IMX to a friend. He never really clicked with it and gave it to his wife when she decided to take up fishing. NRX is the beginning of the future of G.Loomis with Steve Rajeff's hand firmly on the tiller. I did though, step back in time (rare for me) and just got this Rajeff re-designed Streamdance GLX #4. This is an intermediate step in my 8 1/2'/#4 perpetual progression as I hope/anticipate that a future NRX2 will offer the penultimate spring creek dry fly special. I have never cast two rods of this size; the Sage ONE and the Orvis H2...I will attempt to lawn cast them while in Montana.