View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Which one piece 8 weight rod? The hardy proaxis or g loomis nrx

Tough question requiring a side by side for sure. I own the Proaxis and NRX in 8-weight but the 4-pc. models. Both are powerhouses but with distinctly separate personalities. The NRX surely has a softer tip facilitating in close shots with feeling, useful sometimes flats fishing. The Hardy throws very tight loops and is less line-temperamental than the Loomis. My experience with trout size Zeniths is the one piece models are dramatically different from the 4-piece versions...they are in fact re-designs, but I have yet to cast a one piece NRX...it too has to be great. I have a 4-piece Zenith 8 1/2'/#4 which I really like but after casting the 8'10"/#4 one-piece, it is SO much superior!