Thread: Some action!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Some action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
First of all, if I were fishing where sea robins were the most common catch..... I'd move
Second... there must be lots of bait if you're getting fluke from shore this time of year....that's...well.... it's a fluke !
I put up with the Robins because of the amount of Fluke and Stripers in the area . It's a shelf with a trough followed with a mussel bed. Generally in May and June for every 3 or 4 Robins there's a Fluke! As dusk falls the Bass move in especially on the falling tide.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
Are the robins hard to handle?
The best part of a Sea Robins fight is whe you first hookup and just before you land them . In between that they glide and it's nit much of a fight. They annoy people because when they first hit you would think you have a monster Fluke !they are easy to handle you can lip them or grab them behind the wings for hook removal.
I've learned to make the best of them over the years because unfortunately wherever you fish in the sound you will encounter them . They even have Sea Robin Tournament for Wounded Warriors!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser