View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 8.5 or 9 ft for a 4wt?

I cast several H2's at Somerset including both tip and mid-flex 9'/#5's. The 8 1/2'/#4 was not yet developed. In a blind trade off with a fishing friend, we both thought the tip-flex more than preferable to the dull-tipped, hingy, mid-flex. There now is a mid-flex 8 1/2'/#4 but no tip-flex forthcoming. Oh well, I will try the mid-flex but what are these folks thinking? I will say, the H2 9'/#8, in this case tip-flex only, may be the best graphite rod Orvis has built in three decades. Go figure; what hey are not none for they build a winner and what they design for their local streams only they and their loyalists can adore.