View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 AM

logic_factory is on a distinguished road
Default Re: looking for extra-fast action blanks; specifically 10ft 5wt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh View Post
the two characteristics from the current rod that have me here are the height and how difficult it becomes to control the line when the rod gets loaded up to much. the height because it makes it more difficult for me to keep the line off the water or clear the objects behind me.

the super fast 10ft 5wt would be for fishing.

i have found myself in too many scenarios over the years, where if i was able to reach the fish it was not accurately enough and i would impart premature drag on my fly. i also have found myself in plenty of scenarios i was not able to reach the fish with what i have and think that if i had a longer, stiffer rod i may have been able to.
a tangible goal from this project would be to add another 10-15ft which i can more accurately control.

at this time, i am considering the pac bay quickline 10ft 5wt. which has ccs data for it. i am now going to try and find ccs data for the other three blanks i am looking at; mhx 10ft 4piece and 9ft 5wt 2 piece, american tackle matrix 9ft 5wt. it would be nice to find some 10ft 2 piece rods as i have been un-able to locate any blanks yet.

the search continues, thank you for your time.