View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 01:36 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Future Generations and Paying it Forward

When my two sons were quite young I built their first fly rods and tried to instill the passion in them at an early age. They grew, interests and focuses changed and they wandered from the sport even questioning my seeming addiction to fly fishing and tying.

5 years ago my oldest son picked up a fly rod again and then began tying flies and building rods. He became one of my best fishing buddies. His youngest brother still had other interests and did not pick up a fly rod again until about a year-and-a-half ago, and now he is solidly hooked!

Last night my youngest son came over and asked if I would teach him how to tie flies. It was exciting to know he wanted to expand his involvement in the sport to include fly tying. He specifically said he wanted to learn to tie scuds first of all.

I set him up with a vise, loaded bobbin, scissors, hooks and materials. I coached him in the first fly and then turned him loose. Who would have thought he would be such a natural .

Here are the flies he tied last night:

Click the image to open in full size.

Proud pappa

Kelly.