View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: new guy and never really fished before

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronedog View Post
thanks again all.
I have been looking for a fly shop and someone to give lessons. So far no luck for southern DE. but I will keep asking and searching. As of now I am relying on all I can read and watch.
I have been practicing each day and my loops are definitely getting tighter. plus I seem to be able to do it while being a lot more relaxed with the grip. the one exception is roll casting. my loops are still a lot more open than what I think I see on the videos. I am going to look for a more forgiving rod also to see if that helps.
I did not mention that a lot of my fishing will probably be from a kayak. That may also change some things.
Good to hear your are getting dome loop control. Once you get that down with a double haul, you have most of what you need. 15 - 20 minutes on the lawn every night can do wonders if you use the time wisely. Rool cast are really hard off the grass. You need water tension on the line to load the rod.