View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 06:11 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

Well, the "deed"-- my surgery --is done and over, with my surgeons deeming it an unqualified success. They removed all remnants of brain tumor #2, including the one piece that threatened to rob me of my eyesight again. And, as I write this, I'm at last back home and in comfortable surroundings again...

Earlier on in this thread, I wrote about "serenity" and finding a taste of it in an old chair perched upon the wooden porch of "Trail's End." Enroute home last night, and against her better judgment, The Speaker of the House allowed me a quick "detour," if you will, one that led straight up the two-track to the cabin known as "Trail's End." Twilight was approaching, and I needed another dose of that serenity after far too many days confined to a hospital.

Settling into one of the porch chairs, the effect was both immediate and comforting, all at once. Amidst that which is "Trail's End" and the coming twilight hour, I "watched" the river slow its run at the horseshoe bend, all while the growing shadows made by a setting sun changed the landscape with every passing minute. Best of all, I watched it through eyes whose future has been assured in the years to come.

And, in those closing moments to another day on the river, I realized moreso than ever that...

Comfort comes in many forms, and often, in the simplest of things...

Serenity truly can be found within the comfort of an old porch chair with a new "warranty" on one's eyesight and the sweet sounds of "river music" playing just down the hill...

Magic does exist, if one is open to it and looks in all of the right places...

Regret really isn't an issue when one's health is concerned, even when sidelined by doctor's orders and despite the onset of the "Hex Hatch." There will be another hatch next year...

Inner peace comes from having a great and supportive family, and a host of good friends who double as "fishing cronies..."

True serenity can be found in the realization that the Good Lord has got my back!! How else can one explain my longevity on this earth?

Last night, I also grasped one other fact of life as we were leaving "Trail's End," and that is the premise that with each visit to the old cabin, I again "meet myself," only with a little different take on who I am, and who it is I will become...