View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Strange spool issue - Vintage Hardy Princess

From the "scar" marks left by the funky line and backing, long term damp storage is most obviously the culprit. But you did a great job cleaning the decomposed baked enamel from the spool and the Princess looks terrific. I long ago wished I had bought the Princess rather than the LRH as it is really better proportioned for a #5 line... Like Ard said, strive not to dunk your reels and even if you don't, always leave them out on your fishing gear table to fully dry for a couple days after you have fished.

Soon, between trip drying won't be my concern as on Monday you will all loose me to Montana with no digital access for a month and we will leave our rods rigged in the Tahoe's ceiling-mounted rod rack when not out on the River.