View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Strange spool issue - Vintage Hardy Princess

From the "scar" marks left by the funky line and backing, long term damp storage is most obviously the culprit. But you did a great job cleaning the decomposed baked enamel from the spool and the Princess looks terrific. I long ago wished I had bought the Princess rather than the LRH as it is really better proportioned for a #5 line... Like Ard said, strive not to dunk your reels and even if you don't, always leave them out on your fishing gear table to fully dry for a couple days after you have fished.

Soon, between trip drying won't be my concern as on Monday you will all loose me to Montana with no digital access for a month and we will leave our rods rigged in the Tahoe's ceiling-mounted rod rack when not out on the River.