View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:58 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange spool issue - Vintage Hardy Princess

Thanks for the kudos S&S, I'm pleased with how it turned out all things considered. Thankfully I was able to salvage the spool and preserve the outer finish. I'm less concerned with the inside of the spool as it will soon be lined once I'm sure I've got all of the residue removed. It's been about a full day since the cleaning and so far so good.

I'm in agreement with you on the proportions of the both the Princess and LRH. The Princess is awaiting #5 line and the rod to mount it on.

Each time I fish, I allow the reel to air dry when I'm done for the day and never leave them in a vehicle for prolonged periods.

Have a great trip, I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures upon your return. While you're away this time, will you be partaking in your annual fly line summit?